10 Creative & Low-Cost Marketing Ideas from Pet Sitters International
1. Send press releases to your local media announcing new employees, new services offered and significant business anniversary dates.
2. When paying local bills by mail, include your business card and get your business noticed by a wider audience.
3. When eating out locally, make sure you leave a business card with your tip.
4. Always give out business cards to those you do business with. This includes the hair dresser, dry cleaner and bank.
5. Post your business card on hospital bulletin boards. Chances are convalescing patients are unable to walk their dog or clean the litter box. Your services would be greatly appreciated by someone looking for help.
6. Whether you are at a dog park, networking event, grocery store or simply strolling down the street with Rover, keep your business cards handy. Pets are great icebreakers and wonderful sources of conversation. And it may lead to future business!
7. Leave door hangers at homes that have invisible fence flags and signs.
8. Be sure to make use of the back of your business card. Include a client testimonial, territory served, number of pet sits completed or your business slogan.
9. Don’t forget about your local feed store or retail pet food outlet. People who have pets always buy pet food and pet supplies.
10. Make sure your pet-sitting business is listed on PSI’s Pet Sitter Locator, as well as local online directories like Yahoo!, Google Places andMerchant Circle.
What other low-cost marketing ideas have worked best for you? Share your ideas below.